Dr. Funke Oladimeji
Office: RITA 312
- About Me -
I am a systems engineering assistant professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the College of Charleston. I received my Ph.D. in Systems Engineering Management and M.S in Interdisciplinary Studies from Texas Tech University, a M.S. in Computer Network Technology from the Manchester Metropolitan University, United Kingdom, and a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Covenant University, Nigeria. For more details on my academic background, see my curriculum vitae and my College of Charleston bio.
- Engineering Programs -
These are exciting times for the College in beautiful Charleston. For the first time in her 250-year history, the College of Charleston launched an engineering degree program – with Systems Engineering being the inaugural major in Fall 2020. A blend of math, physics, computer science, business, and engineering, this well-balanced program prepares student for a variety of engineering jobs. The program was borne out of a need to bridge the skills gap in the region, and with approval to start electrical engineering (with a focus on autonomous electric vehicles) in the Fall of 2021, we hope to continue building more engineering programs at the College in the future.
If you are interested in our engineering programs, feel free to visit our webpage.
- About Research -I have research interests in performance measurement and system dynamics. Below are selected publications from research projects
• Oladimeji, O., Keathley-Herring, H.; Cross, J., (2020). System Dynamics Applications in Performance Measurement Research: Progress and Challenges. Management Decision.
• Oladimeji, O., Keathley-Herring, H.; Cross, J., (2020). System Dynamics Applications in Performance Measurement Research: A Systematic Literature Review. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management.
• Oladimeji, O., Keathley-Herring, H.; Cross, J., (2020). Identifying case studies for performance measurement implementation models using systematic review. In Proceedings of the Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers Annual Conference & Expo. (pp. 1-6). Institute of Industrial & Systems Engineers (IISE).
If you're interested in this research or might be interested in joining me in research, contact me and I'll be glad to talk to you about my ongoing research.
- About Teaching -
I currently teach/have taught the following courses:
ENGR 103 - Fundamentals of Electrical and Systems Engineering
ENGR 110 - Engineering Graphics
ENGR 200 - Introduction to Electrical and Mechanical Systems
ENGR 386 - Systems Engineering: Design and Development
PHYS 101L - Introductory Physics I Lab
PHYS 102L - Introductory Physics II Lab
* I teach systems engineering courses and information will be updated on OAKS.